Thursday, November 29, 2012

Firsts

What's the opposite of a newly-wed?  An oldy-wed?  Regardless, I think Tony and I still fall under the newly -wed category due to our continuing "first" celebrations.  We have had several "firsts," and we cherish each and every one.  Our first Thanksgiving was exceptionally special because we got to celebrate it twice!  When my family visited, we had a large Thanksgiving dinner with friends, topped off by playing Life and sharing laughter til we couldn't breathe (although that may be in part due to our over-full stomachs...).  Later, actually on Thanksgiving, Tony and I shared our home with my volleyball team so we had another enormous feast.  I spent all day cooking the turkey, and I will give myself a small pat on the back because it turned out perfect, mashed potatoes, which Tony deserves a rather large pat on the back for, homemade noodles, jello pretzel salad (Tony's favorite part of dinner), pumpkin delight, and stuffing.  My teammates brought the life to the party, however, with macaroni and cheese, Hawaiian-style ham, banana bread, chili-con-queso, banana fritters, and a few other perfectly delicious additions. I had no idea my teammates were so talented in the culinary field!  Once again, so much food, such a full stomach, and a nutty amount of fun.



Tony and I are also elated to celebrate our very first Christmas!  Tony already put me on a decoration budget, which I came very close to maxing out on Black Friday.  I have a weakness for soft white Christmas lights and old-fashioned Christmas decor, what can I say?  In my defense, Tony suggested the sled, so I think it should be on his budget, not mine :)

We are coming up to the anniversary of us meeting... and therefore very close to our anniversary of when Tony proposed :)  No wonder this is the most wonderful time of the year!

Other miscellaneous firsts that didn't really make the list....

First finals week as a married couple... awwww....

First simultaneous sickness

First disagreement concerning NBA players

and.....

First time we finally finished a movie in one day!  Thank you Lord of the Rings!


1 comment:

  1. Awwww...so heartwarming. Glad you love your husband AND your team so much!! :)
    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete