Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Sundays

5 Things I Love About Sundays

1.) Getting to hang out with my best friend-- I love the moments when Tony and I get to simply hang out and snuggle and get to know each other better.  Focus on us.  We discovered how much we need this time when I left for almost a week for a volleyball trip.  This time helps us reconnect and remember why we traverse through some difficult times.  He lifts me.  

2.) Church-- even singing the hymns on Sunday brought tears of gratitude to my eyes for the blessing of attending this church.  I love the peace and reassurance the gospel brings.  I'm grateful for slowing down and taking time to count my blessings to see how much the Lord loves both Tony and me.  

3.) Friends-- We got to spend some time with some pretty amazing people on Sunday.  I am so glad we have been able to make friends here!  We learned how to play a new game, play with their gorgeous little baby girl (seriously... she's adorable), and even got to eat delicious food!  It's so nice having people to share a bond of mutual affection.  Thank you, Staus family, for being there for us!

4.) Tony got a haircut!  Oh my goodness, I can't even tell you how excited I am about this one.  It finally got so long that i just cut it myself.  I know now how much he loves me because he endured 2 hours of complete torment of anticipation while I hacked away at his mane.  I don't think it was too bad for a first try, so I would be surprised if his hair ever gets that long again.  
Isn't he so handsome? :)

5. Pumpkin Delight-- need I say more?

I guess I better give the recipe, but baker be warned: you absolutely will NOT be able to stop eating it!

Filling:
1 29 oz. can pumpkin
1 8 oz. can evaporated milk
3 eggs
5 tsp. cinnamon
1.5 tsp. ginger
1 tsp. cloves
1 C sugar
 Mix all ingredients together.  Mixture will be runny.  Pour into a lightly greased 9x13 in. pan.

Topping:
1/2 box of yellow cake mix
1/2 cube unsalted butter
pecans
dash of cinnamon

Sprinkle the cake mix (dry!) to cover the runny pumpkin mix.  Add chopped pecans to the top.  Melt butter completely and drizzle on top.  Lightly sprinkle with cinnamon.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes and try not to enjoy it too much!  Can be served hot or cold.  My daddy likes it with ice cream :)


1 comment:

  1. Sweet post - love it! And I also love that it took you TWO HOURS to cut Tony's hair!!! Thanks for making me look good. :)

    ReplyDelete