Monday, September 10, 2012

Home

Happy to be Home
My definition of home: where ever Tony is.
My volleyball team traveled to Pueblo, CO this weekend for a tournament and I won't lie, being away from Tony that long absolutely devastating.  The conclusion: newlyweds should never be separated.  The tournament was actually very fun, and I loved the opportunity to hang out with the girls and get to know each of those amazing people a little better. I'm so grateful to be a part of their lives.  
The weekend admittedly didn't have a great start.   My phone died on the trip over to Colorado.  Just flat out decided to quit.  I didn't have a phone the entire week... add that to missing my husband like crazy... not a pleasant experience.  Then, a large storm in Billings prevented my family from flying down to visit me and watch the games.  I injured my sternum (who does that, right?), so I was in severe pain all weekend.  Somehow, one of my warm up shirts has disappeared.  I missed several important classes while I was away.  I felt like nothing could go right!  I took some time to re-evaluate my mess and I decided what was wrong was my attitude.  I was determined that this weekend would be horrible.  I didn't take an opportunity to count my blessings
1.) We got to tour the Olympic training center.  WOW! So inspirational and motivating.  We got to see the pool that Michael Phelps trained in, the weight room, the gymnastics room, and several other legendary places.  It struck me that we were just looking at rooms and gyms.  What made the inspiration was the work and the people.  Oh the feats you can accomplish when you work. 
2.) We went 3-1.  Such a good start to the season.  Home opener on Wednesday at 7.
3.) My sister's dog, Molly, got horribly ill on Thursday and had to be rushed to the vet.  She injested a strong rat poison while at the cabin and was internally bleeding to death.  Had my family come down to Colorado, she certainly would have died.  As is, they were able to help her to the best of their ability and currently she is doing well, although the vet is still cautious.  I'm so grateful for that storm that kept my family in Colorado: Molly's need was clearly greater than mine. 
4.) Our flight from Denver to New York, although uneventful, turned out to be simply awesome.  Little Big Town, the country band behind one of favorite songs of all time (Boondocks), was on our flight!  After we landed, some teammates and I introduced ourselves and took a picture with them.  They were actually so nice, too.  
5.) Coming home to my loving husband, wrapping myself in his arms, and realizing that home truly is where your heart is, made this trip ultimately worthwhile.  Tony is my home, my life.  I'm unbelievably happy just to reunite with him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment