Sunday, February 3, 2013

Marriage

A recent acquaintance asked me why Tony and I got married so young
Which got me thinking,
Why did Tony and I get married so young?   
I was (an still am) 22, and Tony was 24
but we definitely weren't factoring our age into the marriage equation.  
So what could possibly posses us to forgo relationship spontaneity, random flirtations, and thrilling "firsts" to shoulder responsibility, monogamy, and a lifetime of the same thing over and over and over again?
Truthfully, that's an easy question to answer.
We like it.  
In fact, we love it.  Because we love each other. 
We still have spontaneity, random flirtations, and thrilling "firsts"
and we are lucky enough to share each and every one with our best friend. 
Marriage isn't a ball and chain for either of us, and this is my list of my top 5 reasons why:

1.) LOVE.  Real, honest-to-goodness, pure, simple, deep love. I love him.  He is my sunshine, my motivation, my steady hand, my foundation, my happiness, and my 
best friend. 
It's the most important reason we got married.  
With every single day that passes, I find the love between us growing stronger.  
2.) TRUST.  I don't have to worry about him, and he doesn't have to worry about me.  Period. Nothing in our past causes shadows of doubt.
Nothing in our future scares me.  
I trust in our love, our relationship, and the foundation of our marriage. 
3.) GOALS.  We are striving to achieve similar goals in life; therefore, we help each other along the twisted, convoluted path of life.  
4.) FAITH.  We share a love of God, Jesus Christ, and our faith in our religious convictions. 
5.) TONY.  He is definitely a huge reason why I wanted to marry so young.  He is one of the best men I have ever met, and I would have been foolish to let him slip through my fingers.  It was time for me to grow up, and cherish the beautiful responsibility of being a wife and, someday, a mother. We may have been young, but our relationship was ready for this step.  
And it's not the same thing over and over and over.  
Every day seems like a better day than yesterday.  
I'm just so lucky to have found Tony. 
We still flirt. 
We still can be spontaneous.  
And we get to spend every day living
happily
ever
after 
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment